Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The painting continues...

My camera is temporarily missing in action as my house it turned up side down due to the painting. When I find my camera I will post pictures! But for now, here is the update. Red is not an easy color to paint. My master bedroom was already a deep red, almost maroon and it is being covered in "California Poppy" which is a bright and vibrant red on the top part of the room and "Billowy Clouds" on the bottom. There will be a chair rail separating the two colors.

Here is how the battle has gone so far. While painting the guest room (the former green room that is now "Slender Reed") we used Killz primer. It took 3 or 4 coats to cover the green. Our friend Jason swore by Zap brand primer. I couldn't find it at HD and then I was just poking around Lowe's the other day and there it was. I got a gallon to try on the bottom half of the red room. Oh my word, Zap is the best primer on the market. I did two coats of this primer and the red is completely covered and the walls are bright white! Zap is the way to go if you are priming anything. Trust me!

So today red coats number 3 and 4 are going up and hopefully that will be enough. I had to purchase gallon number 2 of the red last night on my way home from work and hopefully that is enough!

No comments: