Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday in review

So, another day off spent doing everything but relaxing! I can't wait for this repainting of the bedrooms fiasco to be done!!!

Today I did accomplish a great deal. See my previous post to see my progress. In addition to the list I also rehung the door. No more walking over gates!

I would like to say thank you to the dads (my Dad and Dave) for helping me complete this project. My dad is out of commission due to shoulder surgery so he lent me the tools and Dave came over to help me measure and cut the chair rails. There is only one coat on one piece of chair rail left and then the painting is DONE!! Well, done until we get back from Mexico and convert the small guest bedroom into the office area.

The remainder of the indoor tasks include:
  • painting the last piece of chair rail
  • making the level line on the wall to hang the chair rail
  • hang the chair rail
  • vacuum and shampoo carpet
  • decide what furniture will go in what room and paint to appropriate color for said room
  • hang pictures and shelves in both finished rooms
  • wash new bedding
  • get appropriate light bulbs for lamps I purchased at Ikea a few months back
Outdoor tasks:
  • pick up the poop (huge priority)
  • rake
  • call for termite treatment
  • fertilize
  • put together new patio set that I purchased on Monday night after work (thanks Phil!)
  • remove leaves from grilling area
Of course all of this will be followed by cleaning the house to a spotless level and ensuring the fridge is clean before we leave. I am sure Meghan and Bryan Mc don't want to deal with my moldy leftovers!

No comments: