Sunday, June 8, 2008

I need a good...

... vacation! I am on my second day of vacation and I am planning on getting tons of stuff done around the house this week. Some landscaping, deck repair (more like covering the problem with outdoor carpet), scraping and painting trim, cleaning the garage and laundry room/storage room, perhaps painting the guest bedroom. I also have to finish one more group project for school and get my books for my next class which starts next week. No down time in grad school I guess. After this 8 week course I will only have 1 more class to go to earn my master's certificate in HR management. Then, I will be taking a few additional courses for my MBA with concentration in Organizational Leadership. I am finally going to finish this up once and for all! I am going to try to take a day trip somewhere to get some geocaching in as well. Perhaps something up north in the beautiful mountains or at the beach. If I play my cards right I will go fishing this week too!

So much has happened since my last post. My aunt Claire turned 50 and she had a kick butt party! I never expected this party to be so much fun! I am not a dancer, more of a wall flower. But, I was on that dance floor all night! And no, I was not drunk. Well, at least not for the first 3/4 of the party. My aunt loves Elvis. As a surprise for her, my uncle dressed up as Elvis and put on a show. Holy damn. I hope that I have a husband who will not be afraid to embarrass himself for me someday! It was so funny to see him up there doing that, but it was so sweet that he did!



I volunteered to get the party started with a game of get the ball into the basket. This is a pic of me getting strapped up. The video is of me trying to cheat to win.

This is me and my mom learning the Cotton Eyed Joe dance... which I really like. I have mastered the lasso part... one step ahead of my mom.
My aunt Lisa and I on drink number 4. I look like I am on drink number 4.

Elvis and Memere dancing.
Bryan and Katie... if you think this party was wild wait until their wedding!
Chicken dance Memere.
Emily showing Marc and Debbie what she is capable of.
No party is complete with out inflatable guitars...
Lisa is really into inflatable guitar playing. Rock on Lisa, rock on!
So, that party was the start to my very long and draining week. I was supposed to stay up that night after the party but due to the amount of dancing I did (4 hours or so) as well as the alcohol consumption and lack of friends coming over to keep me awake... I fell asleep just about as soon as I got home. Not good. I had to start night crew the next night! Sunday night started night crew. The fixtures were up and we had to merchandise it all in 3 days since we were a test store. I love being a last minute test store. Nothing goes to plan because they made the decision too late. But, after all was said and done we opened my half of the store for public eyes on Thursday morning! It was a lot of blood, sweat (5 trucks), and me cooking food for the crew but it got done and it looks amazing! Of course I forgot my camera on Thursday so all I have is pictures of a half finished store. Considering I got about 3-4 hours of sleep a night at the most, I am in some serious need of catch up sleep! I slept until 11:30 am today!

No comments: