Saturday, October 18, 2008

Busy weekend!

I know that I am a bit delayed on this posting and I do apologize for that. I have been really busy and... well, unmotivated. I am a procrastinator at heart and do my best work under pressure. :)

Let's go back to the weekend of October 4th and 5th. This was a very busy weekend for me, yet relaxing and rewarding at the same time. Saturday October 4th was mostly a day of driving. 6 hours to be exact. My friend, and former boss, Stephen was getting married (finally). I was invited and decided to bring our mutual friend Megan as my "guest". It was a bit "datelike" when I went to go pick her up for the drive to North Conway and discovered we had matching outfits. It was just like the prom... but going with my married and pregnant friend.
No, I didn't wear those shoes to the wedding, just on the drive up (and when my toes got too cold in my open toe shoes later that night). It was really nice to get to spend time with Megan. We rarely get one on one time and we are both busy with work and family. So, we got to catch up. I love talking with Megan as she and I are both a bit goofy and serious at the same time. Don't we look cute???

The drive up to N. Conway was smooth and on schedule until we actually got to the destination area. I thought we were going to be late to the wedding but we made it just in time! It was a beautiful day and the wedding was very nice. Stephen looked so proud and Stephanie appeared to be calm and glowing. The foliage was perfect for pictures... I can't wait to see them!Being that the wedding was way up north, I didn't get home and into bed until about midnight. I was pretty worn out from the long day of driving. But, the weekend's festivities were only half complete!

I, along with coworkers from just about every store in the district, participated in the Walk Now for Autism event in Nashua on October 5th. This year it was not pouring! It was beautiful weather, and the turn out was amazing. Unfortunately the path was not marked very well so a bunch of people, including the TRU team, ended up going off the route and ended up in downtown Nashua. I guess we got more of the message out that way. It is not too late if you want to make a donation!
I got a nice blister at the very end of the walk.
I enjoy doing things that give back to the community. My current project is a military appreciation night at work. Lots and lots of work but it will be worth it to give back to such brave people who protect us every day! Oh, and let's not forget Toys for Tots!

So that was my eventful weekend. I was exhausted by the end of the weekend but it was well worth it.

No comments: