Monday, December 22, 2008

Update on The Manfront

I have been single for over a year. I know that I have said that I really could care less about my status and I meant it. I was happy just being me, learning about who I am now - not trying to fit into my previous mold. I wasn't exactly looking to meet a spectacular guy... but I did. Here is the story.

OK, so I am a super dork and get emails from Match.com. Stop the laughing. I was looking at the emails one day and I ended up going on the site. I stumbled across this guy who looked so familiar. His profile said he lives in Hooksett... maybe I knew him from elementary school? Sports? Just bumming around town? I was so convinced that I knew him that I sent him an email asking him if we knew each other. I had no intention of hanging out with him at all. I just wanted to catch up with someone from the good old days of Hooksett. After a few emails back and forth trying to figure out where I may have recognized him from, we determined that in fact I was nuts and had no clue who he was.

So, at this point this guys seems pretty cool and like someone that I would hang out with on a friend level for a bit. We started talking online and that leads to a few text messages... and then one very slow Saturday night at work this guy asks me if I know him. I replied, "no?". "Are you sure?" I repeated, "Ummmm, no." He then introduced himself as James. Ahhhh, the guy who I swore I knew from a pic was standing right in front of me and I didn't recognize him! I felt like a tool! It also took me a few days to get the whole "Do I know you?" comment... seeing as I thought I knew him and all... I am slow sometimes.

Anyway, we have been hanging out ever since! Megan and Jason had breakfast with us once and like him. We even went down to Boston to meet the siblings and their significant others for my birthday on Saturday. From what I can tell, we all get along great and everyone seems to like him (no shock there).

Here is the picture that made me wonder if I knew him.
He even has mad drizzle skills!
I am sure there will be many an update on Mr. James and out adventures. His family has a sail boat. Wouldn't it be a riot if he actually got me to set foot on it? Talk about breaking my mold!! Stay tuned!

No comments: