Monday, December 29, 2008

Meeting the parents...

Sunday was the first time James and I could spend an entire day together! He only gets one full day off a week, Sunday, and my 6 day work week is over! I was invited to family Christmas as his parents' house and I invited him to my parents' for dinner.

Breakfast and presents were fun at the Mackey household. I got to meet both parents, one of his sisters, her hubby, their unborn baby and their adorable dog. We had "special breakfast" which is really a breakfast sufle. Everyone got lots of great gifts and I felt pretty relaxed as the visit progressed.

We then went to the Planetarium for a 2pm show. I must say that I was disappointed. I have been there a few times, and this was by far the most disappointing show yet. I have been spoiled by Ed's great show delivery so this may have tainted my opinion. I will still go again, but will make sure that Ed is working!

Off to my parents' for dinner with them and Meghan. Dinner was great and everyone seemed to get along well. Meghan was telling us about the McMonagle's cat, Cookie, and I ended up spitting out my coffee all over the place because I was laughing so hard. Shockingly, James thought it was hilarious and not gross.

And, we had Tess, James' roommate, take a picture of us! We finally have a picture! We will be taking more pictures I am sure, but this is our first.

No comments: