Monday, May 18, 2009

Fishing!!!

James and I went deep sea fishing yesterday. I haven't been in a few years and James has never been. We had a wonderful time! The weather was not spectacular and it was rather icky when we first left. I was fishing in the rain for a bit. But, the day was great. I got to spend it with James, got to see some old friends, and Eric was there too!

I got the first fish on the boat! I reeled up a total of about 7 fish, 4 of which were keepers. James was able to reel up 1 keeper for the day... his only fish of the day. At least on his first trip he got something on the hook!

James giving the jig a try... seeing as the bait hadn't worked for him all day.


Reeling up a 9 pound cod that was just at 24", the keeper minimum size.

James' first cod... it was happy to see him too!

James didn't quite know how to hold up a fish for a picture. I guess this will do!

No comments: