Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fritz's Mittens

It is a running joke - Fritz's mittens. My little boy kitty is a product of inbreeding (just another reason to get your pets fixed!). You didn't know that double paws are a sure sign of inbreeding? It is very common in the New England part of the country. I digress... Fritz has double front paws and he is very good at using them. In the past Fritz used his super mitten powers to push screens out of windows to escape from jail (the house), to play with his favorite toys, catch a few mice that were not paying rent, and most recently he has discovered that he can open cabinets with his God given malformation.

A few weeks ago he discovered that if he wanted treats and I refused to get him some, he would just go open the cabinet himself... therefore I would have to get up to close it and in the words of my sister "mom, we haven't had treats in a loooonnnng time." My sister used that phrase to convince my parents to pull over for ice cream when she was like 8. Fritz must be learning from her. He keeps getting better at cabinet opening and the other day I heard him getting into the dry bar cabinet. Now, I know he was not looking for tequila, but I bet he wanted a fancy glass to drink his water out of (he is beyond obsessed with water). At first I thought my ears were fooling me, but sure enough there he was last night - red handed (red pawed)! I don't know what I am going to do with this boy!

If I am not careful this spring and summer he is going to learn how to open the back slider even when it is locked!

Fritz has big mittens!

Fritz using his mittens to catch a bug this summer.

No comments: