Sunday, November 9, 2008

Feel like talking?

I find myself talking to... well... myself quite a bit these days. Ever since I got back from St. Louis. I am not sure if I am just still super tired and not recovered from my trip or if it is just the way my brain is dealing with a full plate of "to do's". I find myself talking and thinking about the oddest things. Recently the topic of discussion is either "How am I going to afford my house?" and "Reasons why I like being single."

How am I going to afford my house? Well, if you haven't heard yet, one of my room mates is moving out in about 2 weeks. This is going to really hurt my wallet! So, I am looking for a new room mate, but these things take time. I don't want someone who won't let the dog out, nor empty the dishwasher, etc. Even with a full house I still need more money because I have so much that I need and want to do in the house. I need a new water heating system... tankless... cha ching! I need new gutters. I want a new deck as the other one will not be ok in a year or two. I want to paint my living room and two of the bedrooms... It looks like a second job is in order.

As far as being single... its not that bad. In fact I kind of enjoy it. Maybe it is because I am so busy with work and school that I don't notice the fact that I am super single. Every day that passes I feel more comfortable with the fact that I won't have kids. I always told myself that I would probably adopt. The way my life is going the more of a reality that becomes. I actually voiced my opinion of single dads to someone at work tonight. I never wanted to date someone with a kid, but... right now I think it would be ok to do that because I might be missing out... ya know?

That is all I am going to say for now. It is almost 2am and I am wiped out!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Congratulations on your military appreciation event, Sarah. I am so impressed to see all the hard work you put into this.