Monday, November 17, 2008

Military Appreciation Night

What a successful event! If you are unaware that I have been busy planning a military appreciation night at my store for the past few months, you really don't know me very well. This has been one of the primary time consuming parts of my life. I spent so much of my personal time into this event because I felt that this should be something that needed to be done to show our military members how much we appreciate them. I had about $2000 in prizes, quite a few sponsors for food and drinks, and Rock 101 provided a DJ and the Manchester Monarchs had Max come down for an hour and they brought tons of tickets with them! My staff was spectacular and all of the military members that I spoke with felt very appreciated. Doug, the commanding officer, gave me a hug and personally thanked me for this night and one lady was so impressed that she was crying. I am so glad that I pulled this off with the help of some very special people!


Adam Furious from Rock 101, Geoffrey, me, Max, Mary Ellen, and SSgt. Johnston.Toys for Tots was also well represented by Marines in dress blues! Who doesn't like a cute guy in uniform? Seriously though, Toys for Tots is in dire need of cash and toys for ages 13 to 18. If you can help out in any way please let me know because I am one of their point people for my company. Check out their website for local drop off locations and to make a donation. If you need help picking a toy let me know as I am a toy expert!

Marines in dress blues for Toys for Tots! Sgt. Boice is on the right.

No comments: