Thursday, February 12, 2009

Time to catch up

Ok, it has been a week or two since my last blog and quite a few things have happened. The biggest thing that has happened, and most recent, is that we found out we are not getting raises this year. Don't get me wrong - I am glad to have a job that I normally enjoy, but it is just upsetting because we all busted our tails off this year with the remodel and all that goes along with it. What is more upsetting is the way they told us. We have something called impact planner. It is basically a program that has a list of stuff we need to do and important communications. We need to sign off the items as they are completed. They actually put that we were not getting raises in this impact planner. Talk about trying to avoid conflict! Not only did they do a poor job at delivering that message, but the reasons they gave seems kind of fake. And, since it costs just about nothing to give us all another week of vacation, why not offer a week of vacation instead? Like I said - at least I have a job that I like. Just wish that those delivering the message would have done it in a more appropriate manner and would consider some alternatives instead of just saying something along the lines of "sorry, but everyone else is doing it due to the economy."

I am just about done my last class to get my Master's certificate in HR management. I am dreading the final paper because it will make me look at myself and I will have to write about my personal leadership style and what kind of leader I want to be and how I will get there. There is basically no heavy research involved, just a lot of personal reflection and such. I think this will be the hardest paper I will ever have to write!

Now that my parents know about this I can put it in my blog. James is going to move into the house in April, probably along with my sister. His lease is up at the end of March, I need a roomie, we spend almost all of our time together as it is... so why not? We are redoing the bedrooms, which is something I wanted to do already. I haven't done anything in my house to make it my own since I moved in so I am very anxious about getting some rooms painted and such. Yay!

James and I are going to Mexico in 11 weeks! I am very excited to be going out of the country for the very first time - and even better yet it is free!!! I am just waiting for Mrs. Natalie Brankin to give me some advise about what to do while there since she went to the same resort while she was on her honeymoon. I really want to go fishing and see some ruins... and go to the swim up bar at the pool. Yes, I said swim up bar... and that is included in the "all inclusive" part of the resort!

I think that is all that is going on here in my world. I am sure I will update the blog more frequently once school is over.

No comments: