Tuesday, March 10, 2009

5% cashback!!

For those of you with a Discover card, say thank you now! I was checking my online statement and noticed the "informational advertisement" on the right side of the web page stating that you can get 5% cash back on travel, fashion, and warehouse club purchases. I clicked on it and sure enough all you have to do is click a button to notify Discover that you want to save 5% during the specified period instead of 1%! Everyone shops at these stores so why not use your Discover card and get extra cash back? Jan - March has 5% back on airlines, hotels, car rentals, and cruises. Perhaps I should book my cruise by March 31 and get 5% back on a maximum purchase of $800. That is an extra $40 in my pocket.

  • March is 5% back on warehouse clubs.
  • April - June is 5% back on home and fashion purchases.
  • July - September is 5% back on gas, theme parks, and hotels.

If you have a Discover card and plan on making purchases that involve any of the above items, go to your account page and sign up to get this extra bonus!! It is free so take advantage!

No comments: