Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4 day weekend...

My mini vacation is over. We had some great experiences this weekend and I wish I had pictures to show. James' camera broke this weekend and I didn't bring mine with me. Our weekend started out by heading up to Boothbay Harbor, Maine for a visit to James' parents' sailboat. Yes, I did stay on the sailboat. It wasn't bad at all. We were just on the mooring a very short distance from the dock so I felt very safe. We did some geocaching between rain showers, had some yummy food, and were right under the fireworks display. The fireworks were great! I would do this again next year and might actually see about venturing out on the boat with sails up!

Sunday we got up early and drove from Boothbay to my parents' lake house in New Durham, NH - about a 3 hour drive. It was a pretty ride since we took some state routes through the states instead of taking the highway the entire way. It was nice to spend some quality time with James. We don't get to spend much time together while we have to be at work because we both work retail.

Monday we stayed home and did some chores. I had homework to do, James mowed the lawn... fun stuff. I had a dentist appointment Monday evening and then I had to go to school. I got home from school and James had set up the tent in the back yard, put out the citronella candles and set up the fire bowl. We went camping in our own back yard and had a blast! Just me, James and Dutch.

Tuesday we woke up in the tent to some light sprinkles so all blankets and pillows had to be immediately taken into the house. We did more chores on Tuesday and I got my car fixed. O2 sensor paid for by my extended warranty company and while they were fixing that they noticed that my strut was leaking... so the extended warranty company paid for that too! The Blodgetts and Josh came for dinner, we had some yummy food... and KILLER BUNNIES came back out of the closet! We haven't gotten together for games in so long and it was so fun!

Now back to work for a few weeks until vacation time is here. I can't wait until August 23!

No comments: