Monday, August 10, 2009

Castle in the Clouds

James and I were off on Saturday night and all day Sunday so we headed north to the lake house with his cake. We hung out with the family - my siblings and their significant others, my cousin, and my mom. We had dinner of assorted exotic meats courtesy of Meghan and Bryan Mc. We had elk, wild boar bacon, and some other items but I can't remember what. Elk tasted like very tender beef but I was not a fan of the boar bacon.

James and I decided that we would head north to visit Lucknow aka Castle in the Clouds. I love that place. It is gorgeous, has a pond, and 45 miles of hiking trails. Not to mention the beautiful waterfalls on the property. If I ever won the lottery I would buy a property like that. This location is also on my list of places I would like to get married. So beautiful, out in nature... it is so me.

We did get one geocache in while we were up there. A pretty easy find. That is two caches this weekend! I am getting back into the swing of things.

James and I at the "pebble".


The Falls of Song

James and I enjoying the view.

No comments: