Saturday, August 8, 2009

Time to make the cake...

We have a new manager starting on Monday so I thought I would make him a cake to welcome him to our store. Then I thought I should make a super nice cake with fondant. Then I thought I should see if Nichelle wants to come over to show me how to use fondant! I had so much fun today that I am going to try to master this fondant thing. If you want a cake for any simple occasion let me know because I am willing to make it happen! I met Nichelle when she was working at TRU in Manchester. She is a totally awesome person and I can't wait for her to join game night!
White fondant that is soon to be purple.
Nichelle suggested just getting a plain cake and adding letters. Fondant isn't the most yummy cake topping so this would be easier to cut and eat if it is in the break room.
Because James is such a great boyfriend I decided to make him a cake too! This was the real reason for the cake day. Shhh... it is a suprise! He won't know until he gets home! I am such a sneak. I decided to do black fondant to make everything else "pop". Nichelle is carefully placing the fondant on the cake.

The finished black square cake with accessories.

I was concentrating very hard on my placement of the beads.
The finished product! I texted James to see what his most favorite thing was. He replied "you". But I had to tell him I needed something besides me. He said his car so I made a car for the cake topper!

James just got home as I was finishing typing this entry. He just realized that I was planning this since yesterday... ah, the things I do for my man.

No comments: