Friday, April 9, 2010

$10k is underway!

Week one of my plan to save $10k in 365 days is almost done and things are not going so well. My car is approaching 100k miles and things are starting to happen to it. My driver's side view mirror glass fell off on the highway on Wednesday night! I had to order the part, pretty cheap. $26 for the whole glass/turning mechanism unit. Unfortunately Honda charges an hour of labor to install it. I highly doubt it takes an hour to do this. Charge for hour of labor? $95!!! So I stopped by AutoZone on the way home yesterday to purchase a $7 cut-to-fit stick on mirror. All I needed was the glass anyway. So, we will see if I can successfully install this stick on mirror and save $100.

Dutch also needed some new stuff that was not in my budget. He has been choking on his food because he is eating way too fast. $34 on slow eating bowls and accessories.

Oh, and gas prices are going up.

This is going to be quite the challenge. Follow my $10k blog by clicking here!

No comments: