Sunday, July 13, 2008

And on the 7th day...

... Sarah rested. Well, for the most part. I had a great day at the lake!
I met my parents at their house for 7am and off to the lake we went. My mom made lots of yummy breakfast food for the crowd to enjoy. After breakfast it was time to head out on the kayaks! It was extremely windy today (normal July day up at the lake) so the wake was a bit high for only my second time out in the kayaks. I decided to get out of the kayak at the spot where one of the springs comes into the lake. I walked up the spring a bit and decided that it might be a great spot for a new geocache! I then went swimming and enjoyed some great conversation with my future sister-in-law Katie and her BFF Debby. It doesn't sound like a very exciting day but it was what I needed!

Here are a few highlights from the day:

Oh my gosh! My mom made everyone's day by providing us with Potato Sticks! Everyone but Katie seemed to be overly excited.

The group of people that was at the lake for the weekend.
My Dad put together the new toy today! Yay for outdoor fun!
Dutch was tired on the car ride home. Poor baby!

1 comment:

Katie said...

lol -- i love your blog, but you are right, not a potato stick fan! hope all is well.