Saturday, August 16, 2008

It finally might be dead...

I moved into my house 25 month ago. At that time I knew that a few things needed to be done to the house, such as a new roof (got money at closing for that) and the water heater would need to be replaced in a few years. Well, apparently it has been a few years - time creeps up on you faster than you think!

I have a gas powered water heater and it makes a distinct, yet faint, noise when it kicks on. I kept hearing that noise over and over again (every few seconds) last evening. So, I went to inspect the water heater. I found that the temperature of the water had gone down by 40 degrees and that the flame wasn't igniting. Super!

The sad part is that I knew this would be coming. Two days prior, while telling my room mate reasons why I needed to find another room mate, the water heater came up in discussion (that it would be needing to be replaced and I didn't have the money for it). Sometimes I really think that I have psychic abilities.

The repair guy is coming today to tell me the verdict. Either DOA or that is it worth reviving. I have the sneaky suspicion that it is too late for this water heater.

On a good note I discovered how much water you save when you boil a small pot of water to take a sponge bath instead of a shower! More to come when I get more info from the repair guy.

No comments: