Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vacation part 1

A view of the lake from someone else's private property... the joys of trespassing...
Tomorrow I go to VA. That means my vacation is officially half over. It has been good so far! I went to the lake on Sunday. I haven't been up there much this year due to my icky work schedule. It was nice weather, mostly sunny. Not too hot, a nice breeze. Ahhh... relaxing. I ended up going to Wolfeboro for some shopping and just to go. I ended up finding a pair of earrings to go with the dress I will be wearing to my brother's wedding. And, I found a really pretty bracelet to go with it! Of course it is solid sterling silver (I love silver), has a nice swirl... makes my tan look more tan like. I love it! I will even wear it after the wedding!
Monday I convinced my dad to go kayaking down the marsh up by the lake. I never even knew there was a boat ramp there! It was so pretty. I saw a big snapping turtle, some baby fish, and lots of other turtles. Saw a beaver dam and a few beaver huts. We even saw a heron catch a few snacks! We were out for about 3 hours. I would go back again in a heart beat! After lunch I decided that I wanted to go for a hike. So, I got Dutch to put on his harness and off we went to explore our way up to Devil's Den. We didn't make it all the way as Dutch was very tired and dragging. It must be his aging body because his will was there. At one point I stopped to check my GPS to see how far we had gone (testing the "high quality" walkie talkies I got last year) and a Geocache was about 400 feet up the trail. Yay! We met a dirt biker on the trail who just moved there from Colorado. Very nice guy. Dutch was very upset that the guy had a helmet and goggles on and kept trying to "protect his mommy"... good boy!
Tuesday and Wednesday have been just putzing around the house, doing chores and preparing to go to VA tomorrow morning... very early morning (5 am flight).

Dutch found a comfy spot to sit.

Fall is upon us... the big maple in the front yard at the lake.

Me and my dad heading out on the marsh.

Pond at the half way mark between the lake and Devil's Den... a tiny bit away from my surprise Geocache.

So on the way to Devil's Den this book was not here. On the way back it was... freaky.
Ok, so this is hard to see... but this was some sort of structure. I found it in the woods off the trail. It has that opening you can see in the upper middle of the picture. The trench is square, is defined by the rock wall and goes all the way round the center island... perhaps something for water?

There are bricks under the tree roots in the above mentioned island. This had to be here for a while.

No comments: