Monday, March 15, 2010

Millet is for the birds...

... and humans! Millet is an ancient grain. It is pretty bland, but done right it can be pretty good. I took a look at a recipe on the back of the millet bag and found that there was a recipe for a millet and corn dish with a sprinkling of gomaiso -which I made myself.

To the millet and whole kernel corn mixture (post cooking) I added a can of black beans, a handful of chopped cilantro, and a bit of gomaiso. I then stuffed the mixture into peppers, roasted it, and sprinkled the resulting dish with a bit more gomaiso and cheese. Yummy! Just needed a bit more heat (spice). James liked it enough to eat millet again with more seasoning.

I forgot to take pictures after the baking process. So you will just have to use your imagination!

No comments: