Sunday, March 14, 2010

Risotto, attempt #1

Tonight I decided to make risotto for dinner. Never made it before. I have never ate it before either! So this was going to be quite the adventure!

The before picture. Arborio Rice and the instrument of torture - the spoon.

Mid way through the cooking process.

Done!
Yes, I realize that this was probably not the healthiest dish to eat, but we made it together and it tasted good. Well, kind of good. The rice could have been cooked just a few more minutes and a bit more liquid. We adjusted the recipe to cut down on the amount of finished product and didn't have enough vegetable stock to get it done. We thought it would pass, but we just needed about 1 more cup for perfection.

Polished it off with fresh grated parm and a bit of butter and voila! C'est fini! Yes, I know there was 1/4 cup of cheese and 1 table spoon of butter in this, but I ate it. I had pizza and cake today at a bday party so I figured that eating some just about "expired" (there was mold on the other end) cheese and 1/3 table spoon of butter wouldn't kill the day.

James liked it. He even said that I should put some broccoli in it next time! YAY!

No comments: