Sunday, April 27, 2008

Experimenting with tofu and curry...

I was craving some curry tonight. Actually I was craving Indian food, but Thai was going to have to do. I am having a hard time finding Indian ingredients at Hannaford's in Manchester. I think I will have to explore the A Market to see what I can find. On tonight's menu... red curry with vegetables. This is the first time that I cook with tofu, well, minus the exception of the "moo-less chocolate pie" by Alton Brown.

Here you can see the tofu . I was shocked to find out that when cut into inch cubes that it bounces! Also, when the recipe calls for a nonstick pan... use a nonstick pan.
After all the ingredients ended up in the pan. Tofu, sweet potato, and green beans. Red curry paste (whole jar instead of 2 tablespoons), lite coconut milk, salt, fresh lime juice.
Finished product ! All that yummy goodness on top of Jasmine rice.
I will be honest. I was not satisfied with the outcome of this dish. I was really hoping for something on the spicy side, but this wasn't spicy. In fact, it was kind of bland. I will have to go with the full fat coconut milk next time. Maybe the leftovers will be better tomorrow when the flavors meld.

No comments: