Wednesday, April 23, 2008

In the wild...

In case any of you are unaware that my back yard abuts woods/conservation land... it does. I have been blessed with lots of different wild life wandering into my back yard. Deer, turkeys, snakes, and lots of different birds. The newest addition to my outdoor zoo is a little male red squirrel. He is super skittish and freaks out at the littlest sound or movement. He is the only red squirrel that I have seen this year. He is about half of the size of the extremely large gray squirrel. I think I shall call him Tim... for Tiny Tim.
I was able to take a better picture of the male cardinal. The pair has been fun to watch. The male calls the female to where he is (normally around food). They then exchange minor chirps and the female is always first to approach the food. The male tends to hold back and only comes to the food stash once the female leaves.There was also an odd looking rainbow on Tuesday. There wasn't exactly a lot of cloud cover so I have to wonder if it was pollen in the air, a super thin cloud or just smog that created this rainbow. It was a ring around the sun. I attempted to get a good shot of it but the sun was super bright. Pretty neat right?
All these pictures were taken on Tuesday. Just imagine what I will be able to capture with my camera once spring is fully under way!

No comments: