Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's!

It is a sure sign of spring when you encounter one of these beasts! Yes, I was quite shocked to see this stinging machine on my garage door when I got home from a meeting at work. Trust me, it is alive! I guess that spring is really on its way... unless this is God's way of playing an April Fool's Day joke. Hmmm... sneaky guy that God is. Speaking of April Fool's Day jokes check out these! I was responsible for only one of them. Can you guess which one? You got it! My comanager thinks his truck is super awesome and takes up a minimum of 4 parking spots per day to avoid any bumps, knicks, scratches, dents, dust... way over protective of his vehicle. Anyway, I thought it would be super funny to surround his car with carts. Tee hee... it didn't take much to convince Tim to help me. He was getting back at said comanager for attaching a giant cut out of Barbie to his car. We did a good job and he probably won't realize it until it is time to go home at 9:30 tonight! The other picture is from a house down the street. Some one must have sneaky neighbors as there was another house with plastic wrap on their front steps as well. Not only did they do the driveway and stairs on this house, the culprit also wrapped the mailbox! I think I will have to keep this in mind for next year when Megan and Jason least expect it. Plus you can't do that in the middle of the day when neighbors are watching. This is more of a middle of the night operation. Kudos to the person who had enough guts to do this today. It made for a good laugh on my walk with Dutch.

On a more serious note, our remodel is under way now. Gondolas are so out of place that the store is starting to be "confusing" if you don't walk it every day. We have seasonal in a few different spots, Rzone is all tore up, and the construction of the mothers' room and BRU manager's office is being completed. I took a few pictures to show the before and after. Unfortunately the before pictures are taken after things were moved so it is more of a during and after. Plus I took a few pictures for old time's sake.

This is where the breakroom used to be. Now it will be the mothers' room and the new BRU manager's office. I wonder if I can put a fish tank in the "new manager's" office...After moving a gondola away from the wall in Rzone, the old spot for the time clock was revealed. I remember punching in and out here. Ahh, the good old days.

I thought I would be cute and pose with the sign. Notice the random gondola behind me. Such a mess but it will be so worth it!

Oh, and for anyone wondering... I lost 3 pounds last week. Probably due to the fact that it hurt my throat to eat. I will see if the trend continues this week. Just a warning... I doubt I will have the same results. I found a new yummy ice cream. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i had the perfect april fools day prank all set up in my mind i was going to hook a car alarm up to the toilet seat and when ever someone lifted it they would get the howl of the alarm. :D

but i didnt do it cuz i want to keep all the parts i would use to make it and i know my mom would throw them out :(

but theres always next year.....