Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Case of the Mondays...

... well, Sunday through Tuesdays. Its been quite the odd week thus far and it's only Tuesday. I have been in some sort of funk. I think it is because it is nice out side and I just want to go hiking and fishing and all sorts of outside activities, but the reality sets in that I have homework to do and a paper to finish and associate evaluations to write (only 13 to do this year)... the list goes on and on. I am now losing six hours of my week due to my commute to Newington for training. I was unaware that it is about 100 miles round trip! I definately will not be forgetting to put in my expense report on this one!

So here we go, my week in review so far... Sunday was mother's day. I spent my morning working on my paper and cleaning the kitchen. I feel as though I am always cleaning the kitchen. I am not sure if that is because it is the main area of the house that you see when you walk in or if it is because I just don't like a messy kitchen. I also decided that I would tackle some of the junk in my bedroom. Of course now I have more to do in there because I have created the well known "go through this crap" pile. You know, papers that you have accumulated over a very long period of time that you are not sure if you should throw away, keep, or shred. My pile is quite extensive. I also have a big bag of trash that I pulled out of there. My mentality was if I haven't looked at it since I moved in than I probably don't need it. I still have my closet shelf to go though. I have lots of Christmas merchandise that I never put up on Ebay. I guess I will have to figure out what to do with that stuff too! So, I went to my mom's house for dinner. She cooked because she wanted to try something new. It was quite tasty and I am enjoying the leftovers this week. My dad played with my camera and we tried out his new printer. I sure do know where I get my gadget obsession from! I didn't stay much longer after dinner as I wanted to come back and get ready for my Monday.
Back home from my parents house and I have to hop on the computer to see what is going on. Of course I see someone I have been wanting to talk to all day and I open my mouth about something. That was mistake number 1. You can't attempt to open your mouth and have a short conversation. So, not only did I end up staying up later than I had hoped (I was glad to do it) but I had a hard time sleeping as I second guessed the entire conversation. I felt like a complete dork and felt that what I had to say was said in vain. A simple honest reaction would have been nice. I don't do well with vague.
So, Monday morning rolls around and I am having a very hard time getting up due to the fact that I was up late and couldn't sleep. I have not had to get up at 4 am in some time now and I had to do it so I could be in Newington for 6 am. So, here we go... first day of training and I am going to be late. I have not been to that store in 6 months and I only have a vague idea of where I was going.

Just getting out of the drive way I was late. I also had to stop and get gas and find breakfast!
So when I get to Newington I spend time with my trainer and we chat about how things are different, who knows who, the good ol' days at the company and how exciting it is to be part of this new milestone in the company. Time to open and my buddy that I am working with on the floor has to cover pick up and my manager trainer has to deal with drama on the other side of the store... great! I didn't learn too much on Monday so I hope that Wednesday is much better. I am going to help my training buddy reset part of his department so that I can learn where to find everything I need on their systems. Fun.

So, I pass out the minute I get home from picking up Dutch from my mom's. Of course this is not good as it is only 8 pm. So, about 4 hours later I wake up. Not good. I am now wide awake and of course I find myself going online. I decide to say hi to my friend that I talked to on Sunday (this is after I said I wouldn't be the one starting any conversations anymore). But, it was the middle of the night and I felt like talking. This tends to happen to me quite frequently with this person. 4 hours go by and after that I am not so sure what to think of the conversation from Sunday besides there is a 1% chance that I didn't open my mouth in vain.

So, literally after about 2 more hours of sleep Dutch is up for the day therefore I am up for the day. I did some homework, read what I had of my paper and decided that I hate what I have but it is too late to redo it, and had my oil changed. Of course this is me we are talking about so you know that something had to go wrong with the simple oil change and rotation of tires. I get a call about 15 mins after I get to work (walked there to do some homework in the training room) to inform me that I have a screw in my tire and that they can plug it for $15. Great! Just another thing to add to my super awesome 48 hours. They finally called me back to tell me that my car was ready and the bill is way more than they said it was going to be (once again you know something has to happen to me) and that took a while to fix. But, it's all good now. My car is happy and my tire has a plug.

That brings me to about 3:30 this afternoon. Fritz was trying to get outside so bad that he started chewing his way out of my screen slider. I wonder if they make sliders with glass on the bottom and screen on the top like they do for regular doors. Anyway, I gave in and let the two cats outside to enjoy the weather. My lawn mower is having issues starting this year so the cats feel like they are in the jungle and really enjoy hunting for flies and other bugs. Fritz just likes to sit there and sniff the air.

Fritz enjoying the warm air.
Zee hunting bugs.
Zee looking out from the jungle for bugs.
So, tomorrow is Wednesday. I have to be up at 4 am and won't get home until about 10 pm. I am not looking forward to tomorrow at all. Hopefully my trip to Newington will be worth it and maybe school will get out early. And maybe I will stop feeling like a dork and have some honest feedback from that conversation that keeps running through my head.

I hope that you all don't think I am upset or depressed because I am not. I just feel like talking this week and this is one way for me to decompress and get my thoughts out.

No comments: