Thursday, May 1, 2008

BIG changes are underway!

It officially looks like a different store this week. The store doesn't have just a new unfinished exterior and temporary bathrooms anymore. In the past 24 hours the store has gone through a huge transformation! Most of the gondolas are now up on skates (little platforms that the shelving units sit on so we can "easily" move them around the store. This avoids taking the goldolas apart and rebuilding them.), some of the gondolas are moved into different locations so that flooring can go down, and walls have been removed!

Please note that all of the pictures you see here were taken today to show how quick this construction crew works!

In this picture you can see from the front of the store all the way to the back! There used to be a wall here. Actually the wall was up 24 hours ago. They move quickly! The doorway to my new office can be seen on the right hand side of the new wall!
This picture was taken from the end of the new wall in the above picture. It looks like a roller rink! This is where our apparel department used to be located, complete with carpet (carpet removed yesterday).
Here is the new floor! This picture was taken from the opposite end of the store. My new office is on the left hand side in this picture... all the way at the end of the picture.
The construction guys used too much muscle when moving the Disney DVD endcap. Look at the mess!
The construction guys thought it was necessary to protect the new floor from the skating gondola. The wall on the right of the picture was in our store room... now it is the back wall of the sales floor. We lost so much store room space!
And when I got home I realized that I hadn't taken a picture of my pretty tree. Of course looking at this picture I realized that my landscaping looks horrible. Maybe in the next year I will be able to afford to do some beautifying of my front yard.

No comments: