Sunday, May 25, 2008

What an adventure...

So today I let loose. Yes, I actually had a fairly relaxing day. I spent my morning resting, doing some cleaning, making apple and pear chips... I laid out in the sun reading my homework. I actually ended up with a sunburn, which I discovered about an hour ago in the shower. Ouch!
I invited some people over for dinner tonight. I have not seen these friends in quite some time. I was so glad to see them! They just got a motorcycle and I asked Jason to take me out for a ride. I have never really been on a motorcycle before so this was very exciting for me! We went for about a 10 minute ride. I was only scared when we were going around some bends. I think if I ever had a commute that was more than 20 mins I would like to get a motorcycle. I guess I am a much more relaxed rider than his wifey!

For dinner we had grilled chicken marinated in different types of marinades... they were all yummy. I have plenty of left overs for the rest of the week! When I was at the grocery store I saw these things called "fiddle heads". I have never heard of fiddle heads. Apparently they are the shoot of a fern as it comes up in the spring. They are all curled up like little fiddle heads. I put them in a pan with olive oil, a bit of butter, salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice. They were kind of tasty!
So that was my day in a nutshell. Tomorrow I am back to commuting to Newington for training!

No comments: