Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just call me Lance...

Today was the day. Beautiful weather, somewhat enough sleep last night, and the right shift. I rode my bike to work today for the first time! Well, I had a test run a few weeks ago, but this was the first real time that I did it for a scheduled shift. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was colder than I thought this morning so my hands were freezing about 5 minutes into the ride. There was almost no traffic since I left my house at 5:20am. On the way home there was a bit more to deal with though.
The only down side to this is that my coworkers make fun of me and I have a slight helmet head when I get to work. I know they are just jealous that they live too far away to ride a bike to work and they know that I am going to be super fit by the time summer really starts! My DM was in my store today and my boss told her about my commute and of course she got a chuckle out of it. Then she realized that I would be saving money and she told us that she put in a proposal to have us go to a 4 day work week. So, four 12 hour days instead of five 10 hour days. I would love to have 3 days off a week! Who wouldn't? That would save on gas and help out the environment. I like it and hope that it gets approved!
I attempted to take pictures of the dramatic changes at work this morning only to find out that my camera battery was dead. They are cruising along with the abatement and tile! It really is coming together! I should have new pictures by the end of the week.

No comments: