Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day of... cooking?



I was off today. I had such a bad morning. I got out of work at 2:30 am and got an alarm call at 5:15 am. This time there were no broken windows! All three cops came in with me to make sure all was ok. Probably just a mouse. They are cute but dang are they good at setting off an alarm or what?!?! I finally got out of bed and on the road for my errands by 1pm. Got some new hiking boots, my yearly installment of Adidas sandals for summer, and did some other errands. I was half asleep watching Paula Dean this morning and saw her making a veggie lasagna. It looked good minus the cream cheese. So, I decided to tweak it and make my own version! It came out ok. A bit bland, probably due to the lack of cream cheese! I even made an individual pan for my mom. Aww, I am a sweet kid.













So, while the lasagna was cooking I decided that since I was being a health nut for the day I should probably dehydrate some fruit for later on in the week. So, I spent the next hour slicing apples and strawberries, dipping them in lemon juice/sugar solution, and strategically placing them on the dehydrator racks. In 24-48 hours I will have some yummy, yet healthy, snacks. Maybe if they are lucky I will share them with my family this weekend!

No comments: