Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day...


I am not Irish so I guess I don't have any reason to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I spent my day the same way I spend most of my days off. Cleaning, making appointments, going to appointments, errands, and checking in with work. Fun, eh? At least the sun was out today. Dutch enjoyed going in and out of the door as many times as he could. He even sat on the porch for a few minutes enjoying the sun. The snow is almost gone from the hill behind my house. It gets pretty much direct sun for a good part of the day so this is always the first area of my property to clear. Unfortunately it is going to snow again on Wednesday. Hopefully not much. Even the cats were begging to go outside!
















Dutch also got a new bed today. I got a great find at L.L. Bean. It is just the inside of the bed. My mom is going to make a cover for it. As you can see Dutch and Zee both enjoyed the new bed.

And on top of all of that I finally went to the doctor about my wrist. I have been in pain off and on, more on than off, since July. My orthopedic surgeon is such a great guy. He has done 3 operations on me, all successful. He has a great bedside manner and explains everything to you that is going on with the injured part of your body and how he is going to fix it. He actually remembered me from my first surgery to fix my broken arm. He said "We did that surgery on a Sunday right? You were so nervous and you were talking so fast!" Yep, that is me. What a great memory! Anyway, diagnosis on my wrist... tendonitis and what can be compared to carpal tunnel but on the side of my wrist - and maybe a little cyst. He said if he was correct that the cortizone shot he gave me should stop the pain and swelling completely in 10 days. I am to call back and report to him the results and if it is not better... plan B.

No comments: