Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Sunday...

Easter was nice and relaxing this year. My holiday began on Saturday evening after work. I purchased some polymer clay to make some charms and beads for my Autism walk team. Unfortunately I am not very good with crafty stuff so I ruined my stock of white clay and spent a few hours doing so. I attempted to make a puzzle piece charm by first creating a puzzle piece out of red, surrounding it by white, and rolling it out into a cane for slicing. I must have lopsided hands because every time I tried to roll it out I messed it up. I ended up making pink out of my white and red fubar. In the end I experimented with my leftovers and got the following charms. I might make a necklace with one or two and a key chain with the big one.
I went to my mom's house on Sunday morning to have what I thought would be a small breakfast. My mom made tons of food for 8 of us. Baked french toast, breakfast casserole, two kinds of quiche, spinach pie, fruit, ham, turkey, sausage, bacon, beans... so much food and all from scratch! The table was very pretty. My mom has a knack for this stuff. I do not take after that side of the family at all! Check out the Martha Stewartness of the kitchen.
Meghan went all out on the fruit display. Very nice, and tasty! Check out her fanned strawberry.
My aunt and I decided to make jewelery to pass the time. We are probably going to take a class to learn exactly what we are doing. I made some earrings to match the shirt I was wearing. They came out nice. It was my first ever pair that I made so I have a lot to learn. But, they came out nice anyway. I also made a necklace but it is more for summer. I have found a new way to relax!

I also decided that I am going to document my progress in my weight loss. Pretty soon I will be riding my bike to work! It is 4.5 miles each way. Uphill to work and down hill from work. I figure it will help me lose weight, get my legs back to the power houses they used to be, help the environment, and help my bank account! I have to do some work on my bike first, like changing the tubes and adjusting the gears... but I am getting excited to do this and maybe some other people from work will do the same! Here is my before picture. I decided that I would take a picture of the scale once a week to see my progress. I noticed that even my feet look fatter than they used to. Please ignore my nail polish. I put it on for valentine's day and just haven't kept it up. Official scale reading: 162 lbs., 4 pounds less than the last time I weighted myself. Now that this is public knowledge I can't back down!

No comments: